Prepping for base 2
Other tasks we've completed over the last few weeks include finishing the roof and back filling of the first half of the pipe tunnel, manufacturing a total of 23 of 54 of the reservoir walls and starting on laying the base sheeting, fixing reinforcing, and placing ducting for the second half of the reservoir base.
The second concrete pour is set for Thursday 26 August - weather dependent - with a back-up date of Thursday 2 September. This date may change, but we will give as much notice as possible should we need to do so.
The pour will follow the same process as the previous large concrete pour - as below - with a bright and early start allowing us to complete this important task in one day. There will also be traffic management.
Thursday 26 August
- Team starts arriving at 2:30am
- First concrete truck arrives on site at 3:00am
- Pumping into floor area starts at 3:15am
- Concrete trucks continue deliveries to site during the day
- Last truck arrives at approximately 3:00pm
- Team remains on site overnight to continue finishing activities on the concrete
From Friday, 27 August
- Preco team commences post tension “stressing” concrete during the day
- Concrete then left to cure for seven days
The next large pour will be for the roof of the reservoir and will take place in early 2022.