In this section
Contractors / Health & Safety / Health and Safety Incident Reporting

Health and Safety Incident Reporting

Reporting an incident

It’s important a wide range health and safety incidents are reported, including risk identifications, as this helps us identify trends across the work we do.

If somebody is injured or nearly injured when working on a Wellington Water project/activity/asset, please report it as soon as possible using these web forms.

For more information, please refer to the Q-Pulse Web Reporting Training document (see below) or contact our Health & Safety team at

Thank you for your proactive reporting.

Please note: You will also need to let WorkSafe know about serious incidents or particularly hazardous work.

Notifying worksafe

You need to notify WorkSafe if a serious injury, illness or incident happened to a person or people carrying out work, or as a result of work that your business or organisation is responsible for.

If you're unsure of what needs to be notified, please read WorkSafe’s guide - What events need to be notified?

The ‘Notify WorkSafe’ tool will guide you through a series of questions to assist you with providing all the required information.

Hazardous work

The Health and Safety in Employment Regulations 1995 require employers as well as the person who controls a place of work to provide at least 24 hours' notice to WorkSafe of particularly hazardous work.

Notify WorkSafe with this form – WorkSafe Notification of Hazardous Work.

Related documents