Knights Road Pipe Renewals Project
On behalf of Hutt City Council we are replacing and repairing the wastewater and stormwater pipes in the Knights Road area. This is part of our work to improve wastewater and stormwater resilience, and reduce the risk of overflows.
If you have any questions about this work, please contact:
Wellington Water, 04 912 4400
The 2023 works programme for the Knights Road pipe renewals project has been confirmed.
Construction for the second phase of works begins October 2023.
- Stormwater and wastewater renewal works in Riddiford Street, Penrose Street, Willoughby Street and Wilford Street - mid October 2023.
- Stormwater and wastewater renewal works in Waterloo Road, Witako Street, Anderson Grove and Pinny Ave - early 2024.
What we're doing
This is a five-year programme of work that aims to improve the condition of the stormwater and wastewater network and reduce the risk of wastewater entering groundwater, the water supply, and local waterways.
The work programme is divided into priority area one and priority area two, each will be delivered in four packages.
The work includes:
→ The completion of 2.8kms of CCTV surveys,
→ Approximately 1.5kms of repairs and renewals of wastewater pipes in 2021/22, and 2-3km of wastewater renewals in 2022,
→ Upgrading 3kms of stormwater pipes in 2022, to avoid disruption in the same area twice,
→ Renewing some laterals to property boundaries or to the mains,
→ Looking at the condition of the manholes and stormwater catch pits,
→ Additional flushing and survey work, with additional work identified to be added to the project programme.
- Protect public health and enhance the local waterways
- Replacement of old wastewater and stormwater pipes that are near the end of their service life
- Make the Hutt Valley's wastewater and stormwater network more resilient
- Stormwater and wastewater renewal works in Riddiford Street, Penrose Street, Willoughby Street and Wilford Street expected to begin in September/October 2023
- Stormwater and wastewater renewal works in Waterloo Road, Witako Street, Anderson Grove and Pinny Ave expected to begin in October/November 2023.