Sometimes when life gets tough, it's reassuring to know you're not alone. Here are some free and confidential helplines you can call for support in your time of need.
- Lifeline Aotearoa- free helpline & text service providing 24/7, confidential support from highly trained staff and volunteers - 0800 543 354
- Samaritans Aotearoa- a 24/7 crisis help line for those experiencing loneliness, depression, despair, distress or suicidal feelings - 0800 72 66 66
- Lifeline (Suicide Crisis Helpline) Aotearoa- a 24/7 suicide crisis helpline - 0508 828 865
- Healthline - For general health advice and information. A great first point of call if you or your children are sick and you're wondering whether to go to a doctor - 0800 611 116
- Poison Information Service - if you suspect that you or a family member has swallowed something that might be poisonous, you can call this free helpline for advice - 0800 POISON (0800 764 766)
- 1737- free call or text 1737 to speak with a trained counsellor.
- Depression Helpline- 24/7 support to take a small step in getting ideas on how to take care of yourself and others - 0800 111 757
- Anxiety Helpline- offering specialist clinical services, ongoing peer support groups, educational resources and immediate help 24/7 - 0800 269 438
- Outline Aotearoa- confidential, free, all-ages support line and counselling for people who are LGBTQIA+, takatāpui, fa'afafine, or part of the rainbow community - 0800 688 5463 (6pm - 9pm)
- Vaka Tautua- a national 'by Pacific, for Pacific' mental health, disability and social services - 0800 825 282
- Asian Family Services- working with Asian families and communities to be healthy and resilient. Free face to face or over the phone support - 0800 862 342 (9am - 8pm)