Philip Barry appointed to Wellington Water Board of Directors
Wellington Water is pleased to welcome Philip Barry to its Board of Directors.
Wellington Water's Board Chair David Wright said that Mr Barry will be a great addition to the team, bringing some key expertise and a wealth of experience.
“Our role as Directors is to govern Wellington Water, so that we achieve the best outcomes for our client councils and Wellingtonians. Philip’s experience as both an economist and corporate adviser will be invaluable in helping steer Wellington Water so it continues to deliver excellence in regional water services, so that communities can prosper,” says Mr Wright.
As a co-founder of corporate finance and economic advisers TDB Advisory, Mr Barry has over thirty years’ experience providing economic and financial advice to leading companies and organisations in the private and public sectors. He is a member of the International Monetary Fund’s Panel of Fiscal Experts, specialising in state-owned enterprises and public private partnerships.
Mr Barry's also a keen football follower, and is actively involved in New Zealand Football (NZF) as both the Deputy Chair and Chair of NZF’s Finance and Risk Committee.
Mr Barry’s three year term on Wellington Water’s Board starts on 1 July 2018.
Wellington Water's structure:
- Wellington Water is jointly owned by Greater Wellington Regional Council and Hutt, Porirua, Upper Hutt and Wellington city councils.
- We are a council owned, shared service organisation, providing three waters network management services to our clients, who are also our shareholders.
- A representative from each council sits on the regional Wellington Water Committee that provides overall leadership and direction for the company.
- Wellington Water is governed by a board of independent directors.
- The current Wellington Water Board members are: David Wright [Chair], Cynthia Brophy, Nicki Crauford, David Benham, and Geoff Dangerfield.