Current watering restrictions
South Wairarapa has been following alternate day watering - even numbered properties on even numbered dates and odd numbered properties on odd numbered dates.Updates on restrictions in place can be found below.
Featherston - watering restrictions
No further restrictions apply.
Love every drop
Now is an excellent time for everyone to voluntarily conserve water, here's how you can help.
- Water your garden before 7am or after 9pm (odds & evens apply!)
- Water your garden with a handheld hose only
- Most gardens do well, being watered every other day at most
- Water your garden at cooler, less windy times of the day to ensure your plants retain the water they need
- Use mulch to retain moisture in your garden, and keep your plants happier for longer
- Set your lawn mower to leave grass slightly longer. Short grass dries out sooner
- Turn off the tap when cleaning your teeth or shaving – you could save 10 litres of water a minute
- Reduce your shower time to four minutes or less
- Install water-saving shower heads or flow restrictors
- Use the half flush on your toilet
- Wait until you have a full load before starting your dishwasher. When possible, use the eco-setting
- Avoid rinsing dishes
- Wait until you have a full load before starting your washing machine, or use the partial load settings
- Use a broom to sweep your driveway rather than hosing it clean
- Wash your car with a bucket of water on the lawn and you’ll water your lawn at the same time
- Install a water tank for garden water and emergency supply
- Read your meter regularly to monitor consumption
- Check for leaks and get them fixed