What's in it for you?
Whether you are a school leaver, looking for a change, or a new opportunity, this programme will give you the start you need.
We will provide you with skills and knowledge that will help you create a career delivering water services to and from our communities.
Earn while you learn
Earn a wage while you complete the 6 week training programme.
Get a job when you graduate
If you complete the programme, and meet our job requirements, you'll have the opportunity to get a job with Wellington Water or one of our partner organisations.
Open doors to multiple career opportunities
Start as a trainee and move towards a serviceperson, a qualified serviceperson or even a teamleader!
Work towards the New Zealand Certificate in Infrastructure Works – L2
- Get up to speed with health and safety requirements.
- Get support from our team as you learn.
- Prepare for a job where you will deliver high quality, important work.
- Working safely on sites and in a team.
- Following instructions and organisational procedures.
- Key tools and techniques in the field.