The purpose of a Human Health Mitigation Project (HHMP) is to identify, lessen or fix sources of pollution that may risk public health.
We develop and deliver these plans in catchments that continue to return coliform (E.coli and Enterococci) results that are greater than our Global Stormwater Consent triggers.
As part of these Human Health Mitigation Projects we are:
- Doing water quality sampling to target investigations,
- Inspecting pipes on private property and working with property owners to repair faults,
- Inspecting and repairing pipes in the public wastewater network,
- Reviewing our water quality samples,
- Adding permanent warning signage.
For more information on these projects, please have a look at the links below.
Porirua City Council
Hutt City Council
- Black Creek HHMP Plan (TBC)
- HCC quarterly update (TBC)
Wellington City Council
- Ōwhiro Stream - HHMP Plan
- WCC quarterly update (TBC)