Aquarius is designed to help people of all ages learn more about what they can do to conserve water.
Self contained with bathroom fittings - even a flushing toilet - Aquarius comes complete with flow meters, water meters and is driven by its own electric pump. Aquarius can help you and your students:
- learn about volume, flow, household consumption and water use
- see the difference betweeen a low flow and a high flow shower rose
- adjust drip rates to find out how much a dripping tap or leaking cistern wastes
- measure, calculate and compare water use at home, school or in the region.
Turning on the tap - water education resource
- Aquarius is ideal for working with Greater Wellington Regional Council's fantastic resource for schools, Turning on the Tap.
- Turning on the tap helps students to understand where their tap water comes from and make informed decisions about how they use it. It provides an integrated unit of work for Year 5-8 students with content that is particularly relevant for schools in the Wellington region.
For more information check out this page.
Book for free
Aquarius can be delivered free to schools and community groups in Porirua, Wellington and Hutt Valley.
Simple to operate, it can serve as a starting point or investigation centre to support students learning about measurement, trends, statistics and the environment.
Contact us to find out about using Aquarius at your school to support environment, science, or social studies activities.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org phone Wellington Water on 04 912 4400 with your preferred dates to secure your booking.
Feedback on Aquarius!
- I want to thank you for letting us use such an amazing resource. It was perfect for the inquiry we are doing and the social responsibility side of things. Equally, it was enjoyed by students from other classes on a one off "experience" to spark other discussion or just some great writing. I'd love to help you get it out around Wellington as it is a terrific resource. Although we did not complete the question sheets in class they were a useful guide for teachers as well! -- Kate Woodbury, Ngaio School
- Thanks heaps, Aquarius is awesome! Aquarius was totally successful in the Year 9 science class. The hands on investigation into water conservation was great. We did a range of experiments with students working in small groups to replicate data with their measurements. So we learnt the scientific method plus the key messages of water efficiency and water conservation. The installation by your staff was excellent. A highly recommended learning experience. -- Tony Cairns, Wellington High School
- We wish to extend a big thank you for the Aquarius display that was on show all week at the Enviro Expo at Raroa. More than 1000 students and adults viewed the display. During the focus, we’ve learned so much and see we do take a lot for granted when it comes to the environment…. We’d like to book Aquarius again. This time focusing on the theme of Taonga the maori word for Precious. Fresh Water is a Precious commodity and Aquarius will help inform and inspire our design students in 2014…
- I like the new additions to the Aquarius - the clear toilet cistern, the shower timer and of course the large signage displays are really informative and eye catching too! -- Liz Faalogo, Raroa Intermediate