Reviewing and revising the Regional Standard and Specification
The Regional Standard for Water Services and Regional Specification for Water Services are revised on a regular basis to respond to changes in policy, best practice, technology, referenced standards and legislation.
Revisions to the previous version of the Regional Standard and the Regional Specification can be viewed in the following documents - track/underline versions and Summary of Information Table.
The most significant revisions focus on the following matters:
- Reformatting - the documents use numbered and multi-level paragraphs
- Seismic resilience - requirements address all three waters
- Building over or near public pipelines – new requirements and specifications
- Hydrological design – a revised method for assessing hydrology
- Stormwater level of service and mitigation - requirements are now consistent
- Stormwater intake structure – revised design standards
- Pumping stations – clearer provisions for wastewater and water supply pump stations
- Manhole safety grilles – new requirements to prevent falls
- Excavation – revised specifications
- Drawings - now included in the R.Spec, including new drawings for backflow prevention and water supply assets.
All Changes are recorded in the following document:
A summary of feedback received on the draft revisions and the responses to this feedback can be viewed in this document:
We are happy to receive requests for revisions at any time via:
Email to: email@example.com
Post to: Wellington Water Limited, Private Bag 39-804, Wellington Mail Centre 5045, Lower Hutt, c/- Standards