From Friday 26 March, the total outdoor water ban in Featherston and Greytown was lifted. A residential sprinkler & irrigations system ban will still be in effect.
The residents have worked hard to keep their demand low over a particularly dry period, meaning the restrictions can now be eased.
Thank you to the community for your actions!
This now allows the use of hand-held watering methods.
This is a good position to be in, but it’s important that people keep being responsible with water usage.
Hand held watering permitted at:
- odd-numbered houses on odd dates (1st, 3rd, 15th etc)
- even-numbered houses on even dates (2nd, 4th, 18th etc)
This restriction level will remain in place until further notice, orwe end of Daylight Savings (4 April 2021).
Tips for good watering practice:
• Use a trigger or wand to ensure water goes only where it’s needed
• Concentrate watering on the roots of plants not the leaves
• Use mulch to keep moisture in and weeds out.